Friday, June 16, 2006

Vic's Food Diary: June 15 and 16

June 15:
Breakfast: Cereal (mix of South Beach hi-protein cereal with almonds and Special K Red Berries) with skim milk and handful of blue-berries; turkey sausage patty; coffee avec Silk French Vanilla Soy Creamer (hereafter "SFVSC")

Lunch: Spirutein Protein Shake in "Cappuccino"--there are many flavors of this stuff (which is the best-tasting soy protein shake that I've found--no weird soy taste, you put a scoop of the powder in the blender with a cup of skim milk and some ice cubes--get free samples!), but this is my fave, followed by peanut butter and chocolate, and chocolate. For some reason, the cappuccino makes a thicker shake, and thickness in a shake is devoutly to be wished.

Snack: South Beach Diet (SBD) High Protein Cereal Bar in "chocolate"

Dinner: Fantabulous Tilapia fillet with Artichoke Pesto--these are made by "WorldCatch Foods" and come frozen, two to a box--you toss them in a baking dish and bake in oven or microwave (I prefer former). Let me give you the description on the box: "Skinless, boneless fillets topped with a mix of finely diced artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, garlic, and fresh basil with olive oil, lemon, spices and parmesan cheese. Powerful!" Now this is something I could do myself with a plain fillet, but sometimes, convenience wins--well, a lot of times. On the side I had an eclectic mix of frozen veggies (beans, peppers, squash) nuked and tossed in a little salsa. Oh, and a lovely small glass of blush wine. And for dessert: Dreyers Triple Chocolate.

June 16:

Breakfast: two turkey sausage patties, 1/2 c. nonfat vanilla yogurt avec handful du blueberries, whole wheat english muffin with natural peanut butter (ie. not Jiff...), coffee au SFVSC.

Lunch: Spirutein Protein Shake in "Chocolate"--don't usually have these every day, but when I got back inside from foolishly trying to work on new garden bed extension at 1:00 in the blazingly-hot afternoon, a nice, cold shake sounded really good...and quick.

Snack: South Beach Diet (SBD) High Protein Cereal Bar in "peanut butter"

Dinner: Shall basically be a re-run of yesterday, since Himself has been in Austin doing a conference the last two days and not getting back until late (ie. after dinner), I have the second fillet all to mahself. Am going to do some different veggies though--the local grocery chain has frozen bags of *grilled* veggies (and I cannot be bothered to grill--that's Himself's job), so I'm gonna mix grilled zucchini slices with grilled red and green pepper slices--and probably saute in olive oil with garlic and some oregano and basil from my kitchen garden and crumble some feta cheese on top. Oh, and the rest of the wine...just a small glass is left, actually (I have to be careful with alcohol--my body likes to process it as pure sugar or something apparently). And for dessert? Dunno--maybe Dreyers Triple Chocolate or some sugar-free chocolate-mint cookies I have in the fridge. But probably will grab Himself when he gets home and make him accompany me on a long walk first--have not been to gym today...

UPDATE: had two of those sugar-free mint chocolate cookies after dinner--they are basically Thin Mints, the brand name is "Murray" and I found them on the cookie aisle of Wally-Mart. Waited around a while for Himself, but then decided to go work in the yard while I waited and proceeded to spend half an hour hacking at 2-3 inch thick trumpet-creeper roots with an ax and then clearing grass with a mallet for the new flower-bed addition. When he finally rolled up ca. 8:00, I had dispensed with the notion of walking or going to the gym--I had just done cardio and resistance training, for god's sake. Then I went in and made mahself a Chocolate Coke float with diet and caffiene-free Coke and a scoop of that Dreyer's sugar-free Triple Chocolate. It was GOOOOOD!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Scandalized, I am - all you eat for lunch is a protein shake????? Nooooooooooooooooo! I canna do it, Captain Kirk - the dilithium crystals require real food!!!!!!!